Greene County Career Center News
- Welcome New Staff
- Mary Frantz Wins Ohio ACTE Award
- Speaker Confirmed for March 4, 2013
- "Fun Facts"
Welcome New Staff:
I am so excited about the new staff that will be part of our Career Center team this year. Here is the full list:
- Rick Pridemore, Director of Satellite Operations
- Sean Duly, Technology Support Technician
- Matt Elsass, Agriculture Education at Cedarville and Greeneview High Schools
- Adam Gleim, Social Studies
- Katie Finkes, Equine Science at the Agricultural Research Center
- Kaitlin Marshburn, English
- Michelle Martin, VOSE
- Chad Muterspaw, Building and Property Maintenance
- Kelly Rickabaugh, Veterinary Science at the Agricultural Research Center
- Kris Ropos, Marketing at Fairborn High School
Mary Frantz Wins Ohio ACTE Award:
I am pleased to report that Mary Frantz has been selected as one of five Outstanding Ohio ACTE Board Members for 2012. She will be award at the Ohio ACTE Conference on August 1 in Columbus, Ohio. This award will be presented at the Awards luncheon. Mary has been a Board Member, for GCCC, for 11 years and has been instrumental in many of our initiatives. Congratulations Mary!
Speaker Confirmed for March 4, 2013:
I am pleased to share that we have confirmed Joel Penton for March 4, 2013. He will give two presentations, in the morning, in the Howard Conference Center for our students. Joel is a past football player for the Ohio State Buckeyes and has a dynamic message for students. For more information, please see this website:
“Fun Facts” of the Week:
- The average person eats 1,500 pounds of food a year.
- The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches.
- More than 50,000 tons of asparagus are grown in California every year!
- Rice paper does not have any rice in it.
- Tug of War was an Olympic event between 1900 and 1920.
Daniel J. Schroer
Greene County Career Center
An Ohio University System Post-Secondary Provider
2960 West Enon Road
Xenia, Ohio 45385
937-372-6941 ext. 101 (office)