Greene County Career Center News
- Adult Workforce Education Ranks #3 in Dayton Business Journal
- Eric Ulmes Memorial Golf Classic Date is August 3, 2012
- Dave Roever Confirmed for October 5, 2012
- "Fun Facts" of the Week
I am happy to send a Greene County Career Center Update to all of you. I thank those of you who asked where these have been lately. I apologize for not sending them more regularly. There are so many exciting things happening and I am looking forward to sharing these updates with you.
Adult Workforce Education Ranks #3 in Dayton Business Journal:
According to the Dayton Business Journal, the Greene County Career Center’s Adult Workforce Education (AWE) Division ranks #3 for the “Dayton-Area Workforce Development Programs.” With 1,486 program participants, only Sinclair and New Horizons served more students. Congratulations to the entire AWE team and their awesome work! Here is the article:
Eric Ulmes Memorial Golf Classic Date is August 3, 2012:
As a reminder…Our annual Eric Ulmes Memorial Golf Classic has been scheduled for Friday, August 3, 2012. The shotgun start will occur at 9 a.m. The format is a four-person scramble. The $80 entry fee per golfer includes golf, cart, prizes, and a steak dinner upon completion of the round. For more information, contact Ron Bolender at 937-838-1669 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have attached the flyer for your use. We also need sponsors. Please pass this on to your friends.
Dave Roever Confirmed for October 5, 2012:
I am so excited to announce that Dave Roever has been confirmed for Friday, October 5 to speak to our students. He will conduct one presentation at the Career Center, to the juniors, and we will bring him to a satellite location as well. We will invite all of our satellite students to that location AND invite the partnering school to fill the auditorium with their students. Hopefully, some of you can see Dave speak as well.
“Fun Facts” of the Week:
- The Hall of Justice in the Super Friends cartoon was modeled after the Union Terminal in Cincinnati.
- Early in her career, Whitney Houston sang the jingle used in commercials for Bounce fabric sheets.
- Hummingbirds have very weak and fragile feet and can barely walk.
- 60,000 people are airborne over the United States at any given time.
- The kidneys filter over 400 gallons of blood each day.
Daniel J. Schroer
Greene County Career Center
An Ohio University System Post-Secondary Provider
2960 West Enon Road
Xenia, Ohio 45385
937-372-6941 ext. 101 (office)