Xenia Community Schools Foundation News
Xenia Community Schools Foundation proudly provided scholarship awards in excess of $11,000 this year to qualifying senior XHS students. We would like to extend heartfelt congratulations to the following Xenia High School student scholarship recipients and their families:
- Katie Kieninger – Recipient of the Apple Family Renaissance Scholarship – attending Ohio State University
- Mark Mongrin – Recipient of the Apple Family Renaissance Scholarship – attending University of Northwestern Ohio
- Grace Sanders – Recipient of the Jim Fleisher Memorial Scholarship – attending Wright State University
- Kaela Smith – Recipient of the John Meyer II Scholarship – attending Miami University
- Sarah Middlebrooks – Recipient of the Xenia Community Schools Foundation Scholarship – Ohio State University
- Ashten Jackson – Recipient of the Dickerson Scholarship - Ohio State University
We are proud of these hard-working graduates and their many accomplishments, and we look forward to future updates of their continued achievements and successes.
Other good news from the Xenia Community Schools Foundation includes the funding of 3 substantial teacher mini-grants, totaling $5,739.00. These grants reflected plans to: expand the book selection for XHS students (submitted by Kay Gerspacher), and increased literacy achievement through I-Pad technology at Tecumseh Elementary School. There were 2 separate grant awards for Tecumseh: 1) – Amy Howard/Renee Miles/Amanda Wilson – and – 2) Julie Baumer/Sharon Noeth-Miller/Elizabeth Murphy. Congratulations to all of these teachers for taking the time and going the extra mile to develop compelling grant proposals, aimed at supporting students and their learning needs within our district. XCSF is dedicated to the continued support of such worthy endeavors for all of our children.
At a time of significant financial reductions these efforts to secure funding to offer creative educational opportunities are to be commended. The students at Tecumseh and Xenia High School are sure to benefit from their work and preparation!
Mini-grants are awarded once per year. Additional information outlining the mini-grant process is available online through the Xenia Community Schools Foundation website; please visit our website or contact a XCSF board member for further details.