Greene County Safety Council
It's that time of year again to register and join the Greene County Safety Council (GCSC). The GCSC is a partnership of local businesses co-sponsored by the Xenia Area Chamber of Commerce and Ohio BWC. Joining the Greene County Safety Council could save your company money and will bring a better safety awareness to your employees!
Local businesses have a tool to help them create a safer work environment and save money on Workers’ Compensation premiums. Businesses do NOT have to be a member of the Xenia Area Chamber of Commerce or any Greene County Chamber to be part of the Greene County Safety Council. We have made every attempt to keep the Safety Council membership fees reasonable to encourage business involvement. OSHA studies show that every dollar invested in health and safety training improves costs associated with absenteeism, Workers Compensation claims and productivity.
You can join anytime, but to receive your 2% Premium Rebate for the current year, we must have processed your enrollment no later than July 31, 2012. It may be possible to earn an additional 2% Performance Bonus by meeting certain requirements. Click here for the Membership Application and click here for the Enrollment Form. These both need to be completed and returned to the Xenia Area Chamber of Commerce, 342 West Market St., Xenia, OH 45385 or faxed to 937-372-2192. If you have any questions please call 937-372-3591 or email Carole (email@example.com).
- Networking with area businesses
- Monthly presentations on various safety topics with information to share at your workplace
- Monthly updates on changes from the BWC
- Our monthly meetings provide you assistance for on-the-job safety and health
- Information on other safety training/workshops, professional safety management courses
- Safety literature and information
- At a minimal cost, breakfast programs feature knowledgeable speakers who provide your organization with information needed to stay on top of new safety and health regulations. The GCSC meetings provide a unique networking opportunity for safety professionals to share information in the common goal of achieving a cost effective safe workplace.
BE SAFE - APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP TODAY!
The Greene County Safety Council is a committee of the Xenia Area Chamber of Commerce designed to create a safer community for us to live and work in. We invite you and your businesses to join us and benefit from our programs and services. Safety is everybody’s business.
Safety is an investment…not an expense!
Please join our network of businesses working together to promote safety!
A few words from our members:
"In business, spending time and money is all about the return on investment. Participation in the Greene County Safety Council gives our organization the benefit of learning useful safety information, the opportunity to share and receive experiences from our fellow members, and the ability to earn valuable rebates from the Bureau of Workers Compensation. Plus, we can get it all locally, right here in Greene County - paying less in membership fees and devoting less time away from the office than required for Councils in our surrounding counties. It's a great community organization that gives us a win/win return!!" Lisa I. Hale, Director, Risk Management, GREENE COUNTY
"Safety Council meetings provide an excellent source of information in a relaxed atmosphere. BWC representatives are always present and responsive to questions concerning your company's safety needs. Safety Council is a great way to learn something new every month about a variety of safety related topics." John Berbach, Safety Manager, Morris Bean & Company, Yellow Springs
"The Greene County Safety Council and the employees of Xenia Community Schools have made a significant effort to improve the safety habits, policies, programs and procedures utilized within Xenia Community Schools to insure a safe workplace environment for all our employees. Our employees have become more aware of safety and the importance of safety in the workplace due to this program.
The focal point of the Safety Council has been to provide a roadmap to the ultimate goal of eliminating workplace injuries and illnesses. The Safety Council has been very beneficial in helping us change our safety program to be an important working part of our district in all areas (cooks, custodians, bus drivers, secretaries, teachers, administrators, etc.). It has become a tool we use to not only identify and improve in certain areas but has also helped to establish our goals for continuous improvement in safety and also saving our district substantial dollars." Debra Herman, Director of Personnel, Xenia Community Schools
* The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers, state agencies and employers enrolled in BWC’s group-retrospective program. Employers enrolled in a group-experience-rating program are eligible for the 2-percent performance bonus only. Limitations apply to a professional employer organization. BWC encourages all employers to become active safety council members.
** At least eight through the local safety council. You can get credit for up to two meetings through attendance at BWC’s safety training courses or industry-specific training.
Our Sponsors -